It can be a tricky time when self-isolating. Here are some tips from what we’ve been doing to stay motivated and happy at home:
1. SET A ROUTINE
Now we are having to stay inside every day to keep ourselves, friends and family safe- a simple routine is a great way to maintain productive and positive feelings. A routine draws attention away from the fact you’re stuck at home and helps you achieve something with your day.
A few tips:
- Take some time to plan the schedule. To do lists all the way!
- Get up at the same time and don’t go to bed too late
- Set mealtimes, same as when you would eat when not isolating
- Set goals and allow yourself rewards
- Do not set goals that are too ambitious as you don’t want to be disheartened if you don’t achieve them that day
- Create a great working space that can be your ‘office’
- Although pyjamas all day everyday sounds great- it can hinder your productivity. Take on the day like every other day- get up, get dressed and smash it!
2. SELF CARE & RELAXATION
These are some pretty crazy and stressful times. Keeping a good balance between relaxation and productivity is super important. Use this time to refresh yourself.
- Watch your favourite films & TV shows
- Exercise- make sure to get your one-a-day whilst keeping safe
- Pamper yourself! Face masks, nails, haircare- things you might not normally have time to do
- Baking & cooking delicious dishes, cakes & treats
- Start yoga or meditation. Even just a few deep breaths can help to ease stress and anxiety.
3. KEEP SOCIAL
During self-isolation, make sure you stay in contact with friends and family. Even reach out to someone you haven’t spoken to in a while. Weekly online chats with different people are fun and entertaining- virtual quizzes are booming at the moment! Zoom, Skype, Facebook, whatever your favourite way to communicate with people- keep it up.